AIMS AND SCOPE
The Border and Regional Studies (BRS) is a peer-reviewed, academic journal published quarterly, in open access, by the Institute of Political Science and Public Administration of the University of Opole. The journal is dedicated to the advancement and development of latest thinking in the border, borderlands and regional studies. The Journal publishes articles from different disciplines that cover and explain the problems of regions, borders, and borderlands or different phenomena affected by the processes of bordering, de-bordering, re-bordering, and regionalization. Due to the interdisciplinary character of borderlands studies, the journal consists of articles published by political scientists, geographers, sociologists, economists, and also scholars from other disciplines.
Articles published by the BRS cover the following areas:
- cross-border cooperation,
- border conflicts and disputes,
- border regimes and policies,
- social, cultural, political, economic and religious life on the borderlands,
- international migration,
- history of the border areas,
- ethnic and regional identities, minority issues and ethnopolitics,
- regions and regionalism,
- local and regional politics on the borderlands,
- new approaches to and applications of borderlands and regional studies,
- border geographies.