The Border and Regional Studies (BRS, from 2013 since July 2020 known as Pogranicze. Polish Borderlands Studies) is a peer-reviewed, academic journal published quarterly, in open access, by the Institute of Political Science and Public Administration of the University of Opole. The journal is dedicated to the advancement and development of latest thinking in the border, borderlands and regional studies. The Journal publishes articles from different disciplines that cover and explain the problems of regions, borders, and borderlands or different phenomena affected by the processes of bordering, de-bordering, re-bordering, and regionalization. Due to the interdisciplinary character of borderlands studies, the journal consists of articles published by political scientists, geographers, sociologists, economists, and also scholars from other disciplines.
Articles published by the BRS cover the following areas:
- cross-border cooperation,
- border conflicts and disputes,
- border regimes and policies,
- social, cultural, political, economic and religious life on the borderlands,
- international migration,
- history of the border areas,
- ethnic and regional identities, minority issues and ethnopolitics,
- regions and regionalism,
- local and regional politics on the borderlands,
- new approaches to and applications of borderlands and regional studies,
- border geographies.
Since 2020 the articles are published only in the English language.
We are pleased to announce, that Lukáš Novotný, Elżbieta Opiłowska, Bernard Reitel, and Aldomar Arnaldo Rückert agreed to join the International Scientific Committee of the journal.
We are happy to announce, that the fourth issue of 2020 volume of the Border and Regional Studies journal has been published.
We are happy to announce, that the third issue of 2020 volume of the journal has been published on 2nd of October.
- CEJSH - The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities
- PBN - Polska Bibliografia Naukowa
- ERIH PLUS